Forth Valley Orienteers are one of the leading orienteering clubs in Scotland. Based around the Forth Valley estuary, the FVO area includes such notable towns as: Stirling, Alloa, Dunblane, Falkirk, Dollar, Aberfoyle and Callander.
The club's colours are royal blue and gold, and our logo is the well known Wallace Monument, located in the heart of the Club's area (quite literally it appears on the Abbey Craig map!)
FVO was founded in 1973, and was derived from founding clubs such as Devon Valley Forest and Ochils OK.
FVO used to cover a large part of Central Scotland, up to and including the Central Highlands, but as other clubs have become established, the club's catchment area has reduced slightly.
FVO lay host to a number of prime areas, including the Trossachs, Touch, and Achray.
- FVO aims to promote orienteering in Central Scotland
- To serve its members
- To promote member competition at the highest levels....and the lowest levels and in between
- To ensure the club runs without loss or unjustifiable profit
- To provide training for members
- To encourage junior participation
- To host an annual FVO Schools Championships
- To host club social events
- To have fun!