|Date||Start||Place||OS Grid ref||Type||Organiser|
|4 Mar 2009||6:30 p.m.||Touch Estate Wood||NS 744 937||Night||Steve Barrett
Night Events run on a regular basis through the dark winter nights.
The events will provide some great orienteering and merit top billing in your diary! There will be three courses provided - a longer TD5 course, a TD5 short course, and an easier Orange/Light Green course (where possible). The easier course is intended for people who have some day orienteering experience and who wish to try night orienteering, however remember that even Orange courses are more difficult at night-time! The courses may be gaffled to provide additional challenge.
Juniors (those who have not had their 16th birthday) may not compete independently of an adult in Night races unless (a) they have successfully completed three daytime races at TD5 standard, and (b) they have successfully completed two Night races with an experienced shadow, at either Long or Short level (novice courses don't count). The Night series co-ordinator will be able to advise which juniors are included in this.
The events will provide some great orienteering and merit top billing in your diary! Hope to see you there!
E mail or phone organiser by 10pm on Monday before event for a map.
- Include SI number! NO CONTACT = NO MAP!
- Meet at grid reference shown above.
- Cost: Adults £2 Juniors £1 - Payable on the night only!
- Mass start at 6.30pm. Courses close at 8pm.
- Pre-marked waterproof maps.
- One technical (green +) course of ca 5k - with short cut for those wanting to do less!
- Controls are SI and/or reflective tape.
- Bring o-kit + SI card, head torch, whistle and cagoule if on hills/inclement weather.
Note: Participants take part at their own risk!
Sorry - results not available