|Date||Start||Place||OS Grid ref||Type||Organiser|
|19 Feb 2014||6:30 p.m.||Sauchie Crags||NS 771 907||Night||Trevor Hoey
Night Events run on a regular basis through the dark winter nights.
The events will provide some great orienteering and merit top billing in your diary! There will be three courses provided - a longer TD5 course, a TD5 short course, and an easier Orange/Light Green course (where possible). The easier course is intended for people who have some day orienteering experience and who wish to try night orienteering, however remember that even Orange courses are more difficult at night-time! The courses may be gaffled to provide additional challenge.
Juniors (those who have not had their 16th birthday) may not compete independently of an adult in Night races unless (a) they have successfully completed three daytime races at TD5 standard, and (b) they have successfully completed two Night races with an experienced shadow, at either Long or Short level (novice courses don't count). The Night series co-ordinator will be able to advise which juniors are included in this.
- Meet at grid reference shown above.
- Cost: £3.00 - Payable on the night only! Note – under 16’s must be competent orienteers if competing independently and cannot compete where road crossings are involved.
- Mass start at 6.30pm. Courses close at 8pm.
- Pre-marked waterproof maps.
- One technical (green +) course of ca 5k - with short cut for those wanting to do less!
- Controls are SI and/or reflective tape.
- Safety - spare torch and whistle are mandatory, and wearing/carrying hooded waterproof jacket is mandatory if inclement weather. Wearing high visibility/reflective clothing is strongly recommended for urban events.
- Note: Participants take part at their own risk!
The Club has bought 4 powerful head torches which will be available on loan, free of charge, to those who want to give night orienteering a go, but haven't got a decent torch! Contact Martin Dean 01786 825123 if you would like to loan a head torch.