|Date||Start||Place||OS Grid ref||Type||Organiser|
|28 Jun 2017||5:30 p.m.||Callendar Park, Falkirk||NS 894 795||WEE||Steven Scott
Wednesday Evening Events
COME AND TRY IT!
No experience necessary – just come along on Wednesday evenings, anytime between 5.30pm & 7pm. Beginners and families welcome! All beginners under 12 should be accompanied by an adult. Coaching available.
- £5 Adults
- £3 Juniors (Aged 20 and under)
- (Members £3 / £2)
- Yellow course (easy, 2km) suitable for age 5+ (accompanied).
- Orange course (medium, 3km) suitable for beginners age 13+.
- Green course (difficult, 5+km) suitable for adults.
Please check on this website for final details before you travel.
There are four courses on offer tonight.
- Sprint - 3.9km with 45m of climb. Not suitable for unaccompanied under-16's
- Yellow - 2.2km with 45m of climb. Suitable for families and less-experienced orienteers. On well-made paths.
- Orange - 3km with 65m of climb. Suitable for more experienced newcomers and adult novices. Mostly on woodland paths and open parkland.
- Green - 5,3km with 125m of climb. A longer course to challenge the navigational abilities of experienced orienteers. Not for the faint of heart!
Please be advised that the vegetation in Callendar Park is "up" at present. Fortunately it's mostly of the ferny variety rather than the jaggy stuff, but full body cover is advised, particularly for the Green course.
As this is the final event of the series, a social event is planned for afterwards at Benny T's Fish Restaurant, which is adjacent to the eastern end of the park.
Hope to see you all there.