|Date||Start||Place||OS Grid ref||Type||Organiser|
|5 Sep 2018||5:30 p.m.||Linlithgow||NS 997 771||Sprin||Grace Molloy
The hills were certainly a consideration today in selecting the best route. On the long those were legs 9,10 and 17 with the short course legs 9 and 14. Did you try and avoid them completely? Or maybe select an easier gradient? Or did you just chose the shortest route and get on with it?
This is the fifth event of this summer's Sprint Series, at Stirling University.
- Pre-entries will close at 10pm on Monday evening.
- Pre-entris can be made here
- Limited entry on the day so please enter in advance to make sure you secure a map.
- You can also sign up now for other events in the series via the same link.
Venue – Car Park at St Ninian’s Way EH49 7HL
If coming from the West, take the M9 until Junction 4 then follow the A803 to Linlithgow. At the mini roundabout head straight on then take the second left onto St Ninian’s Road which is signed “St Ninian’s Parking/Bo’ness A706”. Then take the first right and follow to the car park.
If coming from the East, take the M9 until Junction 3 then follow the A803 to Linlithgow. Continue along the A803 into Linlithgow until the sign “St Ninian’s Parking/Bo’ness A706”. At this point turn right onto St Ninian’s Road then take the first right and follow to the car park.
It is also only a 10 minute walk from Linlithgow train station. Follow the High Street through the town until the sign “St Ninian’s Parking/Bo’ness A706”. At this point turn right onto St Ninian’s Road then take the first right and follow to the car park.
- There are two courses, Long approx 3.5km optimal distance and Short approx 2.9km optimal distance. Those looking for a really sharp workout before the weekend's British Sprint Champs might want to target the Short course.
- Please NOTE that U16s are welcome; The courses do not cross any major roads so U16s may take part unaccomapanied, but you may prefer to accompany particularly the younger children..
- SPORTIdent will be use; Touch free punching to be enabled.
- FVO members - £4.00 seniors / £3.00 juniors (M/W20 and under) and students
- Non-FVO members - £6.00 seniors / £4.00 juniors (M/W20 and under) and students
Scale 1:4,000 ISSOM (Sprint Specification)
- Registration starts from 17:30 – 18:45
- Courses Close – 19:15. All participants should report to the finish by that time
Social / Food Afterwards
At the West Port Hotel, please contact Grace if you would like to come.