Following on from 3 successful coaching sessions last winter, Rona and Jen would like to offer some more coaching to juniors and adult beginners in the club.
The coaching is aimed at White, Yellow and Orange standard. Adult beginners are most welcome, as well as juniors (minimum age 7 years old). Jen and Rona will be using the new Star Award system which the BOF coaching committee has been developing - its still being trialled but gives a really good structure and hopefully incentive to learning technical skills.
The sessions generally comprise:
- a fun warm-up and ice-breaker session;
- two short technical exercises in small graded groups to learn a specific compass or map-reading skill;
- a fun and simple graded team relay.
There are 2 dates planned so far, with more to come in spring of next year:
- Sunday 10th October 2010, 10.30am – 12.30pm – Callendar Park, Falkirk (location tbc)
- Sunday 14th November 2010, 10.30am – 12.30pm – Beecraigs Country Park, nr Linlithgow
Parents are very welcome to stay, but this is not essential. However, if your child is 7 or 8 years old, we would ask that you accompany him/her at the session.
To book your place, please email or phone by 30th September to let us know your level (White / Yellow / Orange), email address and phone number - plus your age if you are a junior. The cost is just £1 - please pay on the day. Contact details are:
- Rona Molloy - 01506 842857 email: Rona
- Jen Leonard: 01506 824113 email: Jen
The picture above is of Eloise setting her map from one of the previous training events organised by Jen and Rona
- Wednesday Nights are FVO Club Night!
- What's On
- What's on
- What's On
- FVO Autumn Training & Club Champs
Filed under: Training