Forth Valley Orienteers are one of the leading orienteering clubs in Scotland. Based around the Forth Valley estuary, the FVO area includes such notable towns as: Stirling, Alloa, Dunblane, Falkirk, Dollar, Aberfoyle and Callander.
The club's colours are royal blue and gold, and our logo is the well known Wallace Monument, located in the heart of the Club's area (quite literally it appears on the Abbey Craig map!)
FVO was founded in 1973 - and we recently celebrated our 40th Anniversary. Our founding members are still active in orienteering.
FVO lay host to a number of prime areas, including the Trossachs, together with a range of smaller areas ideal for local events. FVO also hosts 4 permanent courses for general public use.
- FVO aims to promote orienteering in Central Scotland
- To serve its members
- To promote member competition at the highest levels....and the lowest levels and in between
- To ensure the club runs without loss or unjustifiable profit
- To provide training for members
- To encourage junior participation
- To host an annual FVO Schools Championships
- To host club social events
- To have fun!