What to do
- Existing Members: You will get renewal direct from British Orienteering or Scottish Orienteering and should send fees as directed.
- New Members: There are two membership options, see more information below or contact Jen, our membership secretary for more information. Please also email her to tell her that you have joined. That way, we can welcome you into the club.
The membership year is from 1st Jan to 31st Dec.
Membership Fees 2019
|Category||Scottish Membership||British Membership|
|Family of 4||£46||£73|
FVO membership requires affiliation to our governing body.
Join FVO and Scottish Orienteering only. Best suited to those who only wish to orienteer only in Scotland. There are some limitations on entering some larger competitions and taking on coaching and official roles. See the Scottish Orienteering website for more information.
Join FVO, Scottish Orienteering and British Orienteering. Best suited to those who want to take part in orienteering events across Scotland, the UK, and potentially internationally. You can take on any club, event official or coaching role if suitably qualified. Join online at the British Orienteering website
Second Club members
Orienteers who are joining FVO as a second club, and already have appropriate governing body membership – need only join FVO. Please contact Jen, our membership secretary and pay her the appropriate fees.
- Senior – any member aged 21 or older on 31 December of the membership year;
- Junior – any member aged 20 or younger on 31 December of the membership year;
- Family Membership applies to spouses or parents/guardians and juniors sharing the same permanent address.
Please make sure you claim Gift Aid
The Scottish Orienteering Association (SOA) is a charity and can claim gift aid tax relief on the SOA part of your annual membership fees. Even better, the SOA has agreed to return this money to clubs for a minimum of 3 years, and potentially longer.
Gift aid can only be claimed through completion of a gift aid form by each member. You can do this online with SOA. The process is so easily, takes a few minutes to complete and you receive a nice thank you email from SOA once done. Just follow this link
For every gift aid form completed, FVO receives more money. So what’s stopping you?
And if you are still confused
Please contact Jen, our membership secretary.