|Date||Start||Place||OS Grid ref||Type||Organiser|
|31 Oct 2018||6:30 p.m.||Stirling Uni||NS 810 968||Night||Graham Gristwood
Night Events run on a fortnightly basis through the dark winter nights.
The events will provide some great orienteering and merit top billing in your diary! Normally there are two courses provided - a longer course, and a cut-off is defined on the longer course to provide a short course. There is a mass start at 18:30, but the courses will be gaffled to provide additional challenge. Hope to see you there!
Most events are by SI punching.
Please pre-enter through www.nav.run - usually by 10pm on Monday before the event - to secure a map. Indicate if you are doing the longer or shorter course. If you cannot pre-enter please phone or email the organiser directly.
- NO CONTACT = NO MAP!
- Include details of your SI card
- Don't forget your head-torch on the night
- Meet at grid reference shown above.
- Cost: £4 (juniors/students £3) Non BOF members £6/£4 - Payable through pre-entry or, in exceptional circumstances, on the night. Note – under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Mass start at 6.30pm. Courses close at 8pm.
- Pre-marked waterproof maps.
- One technical (green +) course of ca 5k - with short cut for those wanting to do less!
- Controls are sport-ident (SI Air enabled) and/or reflective tape.
- Safety - spare torch and whistle are mandatory, and wearing/carrying hooded waterproof jacket is mandatory if deemed necessary by the organiser. Checks will be made! Wearing high visibility/reflective clothing is strongly recommended for urban events.
- Note: Car parks are often close to houses and are often used by others, so please park considerately and change discreetly.
- Note: Participants take part at their own risk!
Date - Wednesday 31st October
Time - Mass start at 18:30, courses close 20:00.
Venue - Stirling University - parking at the Health Centre (NS810968, https://goo.gl/maps/ejdzATy6Uw52). Going to all the bits of the campus you don't normally go to. Semi-urban university campus with plenty of variety - full body cover and shoes with grip required!
Lift shares / pick-ups - Stirling and Bridge of Allan stations are close by - write on the Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/events/329689787596981/
Map - New map (extended from 2016 JEC map) at ISSOM Sprint Specification 1:4,000 by Graham Gristwood. Pre-printed on waterproof paper.
Courses - Long (approx 6km) and Short (approx 4km). Gaffling. TD5 courses.
Entry - Online at https://www.nav.run/ by 10pm on Monday 29th October. You may also wish to sign up for other events in the series. NO CONTACT = NO MAP!
Cost - BOF/SOA members Adults £4 / Juniors/students £3. Non-members £6/£4.
Under 16s – must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Timing - SportIDENT and reflective canes.
Safety - spare torch and whistle are mandatory, and wearing/carrying hooded waterproof jacket is mandatory if deemed necessary by the organiser. Wearing high visibility/reflective clothing is strongly recommended for urban events.
Hazards - There is various building work taking place on the campus. Participants will have to cross minor roads, and may encounter members of the public, bikers, dog walkers, steep slopes, undergrowth, stony areas with big cliffs, and maybe students....
Participants take part at their own risk!
Note - Car parks are often close to houses and are often used by others, so please park considerately and change discreetly.
Post event food - If there is demand I will book a table at Corrieri's Italian Restaurant - reply to this email if you would like to eat afterwards.
Newcomers - If you have never or rarely done night orienteering before, this would be a good one to try in a safe environment.