|Date||Start||Place||OS Grid ref||Type||Organiser|
|6 Feb 2019||6:30 p.m.||Falkirk Wheel||NS 854 800||Night||Steven Scott
Night Events run on a fortnightly basis through the dark winter nights.
The events will provide some great orienteering and merit top billing in your diary! Normally there are two courses provided - a longer course, and a cut-off is defined on the longer course to provide a short course. There is a mass start at 18:30, but the courses will be gaffled to provide additional challenge. Hope to see you there!
Most events are by SI punching.
Please pre-enter through www.nav.run - usually by 10pm on Monday before the event - to secure a map. Indicate if you are doing the longer or shorter course. If you cannot pre-enter please phone or email the organiser directly.
- NO CONTACT = NO MAP!
- Include details of your SI card
- Don't forget your head-torch on the night
- Meet at grid reference shown above.
- Cost: £4 (juniors/students £3) Non BOF members £6/£4 - Payable through pre-entry or, in exceptional circumstances, on the night. Note – under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Mass start at 6.30pm. Courses close at 8pm.
- Pre-marked waterproof maps.
- One technical (green +) course of ca 5k - with short cut for those wanting to do less!
- Controls are sport-ident (SI Air enabled) and/or reflective tape.
- Safety - spare torch and whistle are mandatory, and wearing/carrying hooded waterproof jacket is mandatory if deemed necessary by the organiser. Checks will be made! Wearing high visibility/reflective clothing is strongly recommended for urban events.
- Note: Car parks are often close to houses and are often used by others, so please park considerately and change discreetly.
- Note: Participants take part at their own risk!