|Date||Start||Place||OS Grid ref||Type||Organiser|
|28 Nov 2018||6:30 p.m.||Polmaise Wood, Stirling||NS 772 923||Night||Jon Cross
Night Events run on a fortnightly basis through the dark winter nights.
The events will provide some great orienteering and merit top billing in your diary! Normally there are two courses provided - a longer course, and a cut-off is defined on the longer course to provide a short course. There is a mass start at 18:30, but the courses will be gaffled to provide additional challenge. Hope to see you there!
Most events are by SI punching.
Please pre-enter through www.nav.run - usually by 10pm on Monday before the event - to secure a map. Indicate if you are doing the longer or shorter course. If you cannot pre-enter please phone or email the organiser directly.
- NO CONTACT = NO MAP!
- Include details of your SI card
- Don't forget your head-torch on the night
- Meet at grid reference shown above.
- Cost: £4 (juniors/students £3) Non BOF members £6/£4 - Payable through pre-entry or, in exceptional circumstances, on the night. Note – under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Mass start at 6.30pm. Courses close at 8pm.
- Pre-marked waterproof maps.
- One technical (green +) course of ca 5k - with short cut for those wanting to do less!
- Controls are sport-ident (SI Air enabled) and/or reflective tape.
- Safety - spare torch and whistle are mandatory, and wearing/carrying hooded waterproof jacket is mandatory if deemed necessary by the organiser. Checks will be made! Wearing high visibility/reflective clothing is strongly recommended for urban events.
- Note: Car parks are often close to houses and are often used by others, so please park considerately and change discreetly.
- Note: Participants take part at their own risk!
Date - Wednesday 28th November
Time - Mass start at 18:30, courses close 20:00.
Venue – Polmaise and Murray’s Wood. Parking at the entrance to the woodland on Quarry Road Cambusbarron at NS732923. Please park tightly-limited space available – do not block the track over the bridge.
Lift shares / pick-ups - Stirling and Bridge of Allan stations are close by, use FVO mail if you need help.
Courses - Long (approx 5km) and Short (approx 3.5km). TD5 courses.
Entry - Online at https://www.nav.run/ by 8am on Tuesday 27th November. NO CONTACT = NO MAP!
Cost - BOF/SOA members, Adults £4 / Juniors/students £3. Non-members £6/£4.
Under 16s – must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Timing - SportIDENT and reflective canes.
Safety - spare torch and whistle are mandatory, and wearing/carrying hooded waterproof jacket is mandatory if deemed necessary by the organiser.
Hazards – This area contains significant quarry workings and some VERY big cliffs. These are marked on the map but please do take suitable care.
Participants take part at their own risk!
Note - Car parks are often close to houses and are often used by others, so please park considerately and change discreetly.
Post event food – We will have a post event pub meal somewhere (probably Inn at Torbrex), please let me know by email if you would like to be included in the table booking.