|Date||Start||Place||OS Grid ref||Type||Organiser|
|23 Mar 2011||6:30 p.m.||Barrwood, nr Denny||NS 795 865||Night||Jon Cross
Night Events run on a fortnightly basis through the dark winter nights.
The events will provide some great orienteering and merit top billing in your diary! Normally there are two courses provided - a longer course, and a cut-off is defined on the longer course to provide a short course. There is a mass start at 18:30, but the courses will be gaffled to provide additional challenge. Hope to see you there!
Most events are by SI punching.
Please pre-enter through www.nav.run - usually by 10pm on Monday before the event - to secure a map. Indicate if you are doing the longer or shorter course. If you cannot pre-enter please phone or email the organiser directly.
- NO CONTACT = NO MAP!
- Include details of your SI card
- Don't forget your head-torch on the night
- Meet at grid reference shown above.
- Cost: Adults £2 Juniors £1 - Payable on the night only!
- Mass start at 6.30pm. Courses close at 8pm.
- Pre-marked waterproof maps.
- One technical (green +) course of ca 5k - with short cut for those wanting to do less!
- Controls are SI and/or reflective tape.
Bring o-kit + SI card, head torch, whistle and cagoule if on hills/inclement weather.
Note: Participants take part at their own risk!
The Club have bought 2 powerful head torches which will be available on loan, free of charge, to those who want to give night orienteering a go, but haven't got a decent torch! Contact Martin (by e mail or on 01786 825123) if you would like to loan a head torch.